Walk 3 - Basic Directions
Walk provided by Lesley and Graham Long
- From the Coach and Horses walk through Caerwent, past the Post Office and along the lane until you meet the A48. Cross the road and follow the lane signposted Llanfair Discoed.
Continue until you reach a T junction in Llanfair Discoed just after Old Court, turn right towards The Foresters Arms pub. Continue up the hill past the pub and church, out of the village.
- Shortly after leaving Llanfair Discoed, take the first turning on the left - it’s a small lane just after a copse of trees on the left.
Follow this lane down into Llanvaches, turning left at the T junction as you arrive in the village; walk past the village playing field on the right.
Follow this lane through Llanvaches, past the church and the village green, continue on out of the village.
- Keep following this lane, turning slight left as it is joined by another lane, continuing downhill towards the Rock and Fountain.
(If you want a shorter route, you can turn left and walk back along the A48 to Caerwent - there is footpath along the whole of the route back although you will need to cross the road with care at Penylan Kennels)
- Cross the A48 (TAKE CARE), take the lane straight ahead signposted St Brides Netherwent.
- Turn left at the junction signposted Carrow Hill. Follow this lane through Carrow Hill. Turn right at a crossroads towards Highmoor, follow this lane past ’The Oaks Country Kennels’ and Highmoor Hill. Turn left to follow Dewstow Road (TAKE CARE) down the hill back to Caerwent Brook, then straight on to finish at the Coach and Horses.